Sunday, July 31, 2011

One third through the ASP.NET MVC 3 book

One third through the ASP.NET MVC 3 book I've been reading since my last update.

Why am I reading through this book before restarting the development of the My-MSI.Net web site?

Well, one reason is that the MVC framework changed a heck of a lot between version 1 and version 3!

Actually, the site development will go a bit faster with MVC 3 than it was going with MVC 1.

Using MVC makes the signup process more seamless than the ASP.Net version was. What whould you prefer: http://www.my-msi.net/Join.aspx?s=n (where n = 1 .. 4) or the more secure http://www.my-msi.net/Join? Now there is only one url change and that happens when you get redirected to Amazon, our payment processor. Amazon will be redirecting to a private payment confirmation page on the site which will collect the payment particualars and redirect to the next page in the Join sequence.

I know that people have been trying to 'skip ahead' in the Join process on the old site, and that is one thing the new MVC site will be addressing.

I may be spending the next two weeks finishing this Pro ASP.NET MVC 3 book, so don't be surpised if we go three weeks without a new post. I will be back, but likely not before I finish this book and start making progress on the actual site again.

No comments:

Post a Comment